A qualified workforce is a key to sustaining and growing your business in the Obion County region.
Obion County Workforce Data 2021
Obion County, TN Regional Labor Draw
- Obion County, TN
- Dyer County, TN
- Gibson County, TN
- Lake County, TN
- Weakley County, TN
- Fulton County, TN
- Graves County, TN
- Hickman County, TN
Regional Employment (2020)
Obion County, TN Regional Labor Draw
Regional Wage and Benefits Survey of Manufacturers in Northwest Tennessee and Southwest Kentucky (2019)
County Profile Tool
Use the map to select Obion County to view the full community profile.
Labor Force Estimates
Labor Force Estimates - the United States & Tennessee - March 2022
Download PDF file
Training Resources and Initiatives
Obion County School System Academic Opportunities:
- AP Class, Dual Enrollment, Dual Credit Career Technical Education/Industry Certification
- Agriculture, Health Science, Family & Consumer Science, Business & Marketing, Advanced Manufacturing/Welding, Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair, Criminal Justice, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Education and Training, Mechatronics (Fall 2019), Residential & Commercial Construction, STEM, STEM Aviation Partnerships
- University of Tennessee at Martin, Bethel University, Dyersburg State Community College, Jackson State Community College, Middle Tennessee State University, TCAT (Tennessee College of Applied Technology)
Programs offered at the TCAT Union City Campus
Trainees learn the fundamentals of electricity and electronics which provide the foundation for advanced training in electric motor controls, automated machine control circuits, conveyors, pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, test equipment, production equipment (electrical, electronic, and mechanical), programmable controllers, automation and robotics. In the last phase of the course, students combine all their newly acquired skills in overall systemic troubleshooting and interfacing systems. Hands-on training and safety is stressed throughout the course.
Our Welding Technology Program is designed to provide the student with an opportunity to acquire the technical knowledge and hands-on skills required for employment as a combination welder. We accomplish this task through classroom instruction and practical welding exercises carried out in an industrial shop setting. Welding Processes such as Flux Cored Arc, Gas Metal Arc, Gas Tungsten Arc and Shielded Metal Arc are covered in depth.
TCAT-Newbern offers three (3) Practical Nursing programs to better suit the needs of potential students.
- Union City Campus: 12 month daytime Practical Nursing program that begins in May every year.
- Newbern Main Campus: 12 month daytime Practical Nursing program that begins in September every year.
- Newbern Main Campus: 18 month evening & weekend Practical Nursing program tailored to working individuals. Class meets on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings AND on Saturdays. Please call 731-627-2511 to see when the next evening/weekend program begins.
2019-2020 Reference Guide - Workforce Insights, Research, and Reporting Engine Division
Right to Work State
A Right to Work State is generally defined as a state that does not require employees to join a Union as a condition of receiving or retaining a job.
Tennessee Work Learn Earn
Tennessee Work Learn Earn (https://tn.worklearnearn.org/) was developed in partnership with the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Tennessee Higher Education Commission and the Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development. The site offers tips and resources to help connect students and career-seekers with relevant education and job opportunities in our great state.
Find a job, post a résumé, setup a virtual recruiter, and get hired. Jobs4TN also allows employers to post jobs and view résumés of potential recruits with ease.
Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Employers can find the following articles in this section: staffing, tax and insurance, and safety and regulations. Labor/Workforce Contacts.
For more information, contact: