The JEDC is governed by a 12-Member Board with 6 appointments each from the Chamber and OCIDC Board of Directors. The council is responsible for staff and operational oversight with regular reports to the Chamber and OCIDC Board of Directors.
A combination of the Obion County Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) and the Obion County Industrial Development Corporation (OCIDC)
The Obion County Joint Economic Development Council (JEDC), with assistance from local businesses and leaders, has produced goals and objectives that are reflective of the desires of the community at large:
- Generate new growth in areas such as Commercial, Housing, Industrial, and Tourism Development.
- Become the economic center of Northwest Tennessee.
- Lead this 385,000 person region in such sectors as retail sales, housing development, healthcare, and airport usage.
- Outperform peer markets in job growth, per capita income, population growth, and quality of life.
- Enhance the County's fundamental competitiveness by focusing resources on "regional development activities".
- Strengthen our physical and human infrastructure; create more opportunities for youth; enhance our quality of life; and, grow our population and visitation numbers.
Archived Obion County Annual Reports:
Obion County JEDC Board of Directors:
Chairman: Art Sparks - ATA
Vice Chairman / OCIDC President: Jimmy White - Reynolds Brothers Oil Company
Secretary / Treasurer: Michelle Bing - The Bank3
OC Budget Chair: Sam Sinclair - Kohler
President: Donnie Walton - Commercial Bank
Vice President: Hadley Malone - Obion County Farm Bureau
Chamber Pres Elect: Portis Tanner - Union City Insurance
Ron Cooper - Southern Machinery Repair
Terry Hailey - City of Union City
Benny McGuire - County of Obion County
Randy barner - City of Union City
Jim Rippy, Jr. - City of Union City
Bedford Dunavant - Union City Insurance
Kathy Dillon - City of Union City