Chamber Investor Advantages
- The provision of a voice in possible new legislation that would directly impact local business, at all levels of government.
- The creation of programs that improve the living conditions within the community.
- The interaction of businesses within the community on a regular basis through various networking opportunities.
- The assistance of experienced staff for problem solving, for obtaining vital information to utilize when basing business decisions, and for offering business solutions.
- The availability of an agency to market business interests locally and to larger geographic regions.
The Chamber's Role in the Community
- Acting as a liaison between the business community and local, state, and federal governments.
- Addressing proposed legislation that affects the local economy.
- Partnering with numerous organizations that aid the expansion and growth of local business.
- Working with other organizations in securing new capital investments for the community.
- Assisting in workforce advancement programs.
- Recruiting new retail businesses to the community.
- Helping local businesses to expand.
- Aiding new business and individuals in locating within the county.
- Providing newcomer information to families and individuals moving to the county.
- Enhancing the locality/region as a tourist destination through effective marketing.
The Three-Star Program
Tennessee's Three-Star progam is designed to help communities take full advantage of economic development opportunities. The goals are to preserve existing employment, create new employment opportunities, increase Tennessee family incomes, improve quality of life and create a strong leadership base.
The Three-Star Program assists Obion County with achieving excellence in economic and community development (ECD). The county is guided through a comprehensive plan of essential benchmarks with the assistance of the Obion County Joint Economic Development Council (JEDC), Three-Star coordinator and an ECD team member.